Thursday, June 6, 2013

Witamy w Polsce!

For the past 9 months I have been living in Poland. I decided to change my life drastically and although it was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made, it has definitely been the most rewarding.

Warsaw Old Town

I have learnt to how to be alone and fend for myself. Coming home from a long day at work to only having yourself as company took some getting used to. I am used to drama in my life and all of a sudden, it was completely drama free. The transition to living on my own was difficult; slightly depressing, but I have come out the other side a stronger, more confident, more efficient version of the girl that left her friends and family crying at the airport all those months ago.

Over looking the Visla river and the new football stadium in Warsaw
During my stay in Poland, I have been teaching English at a private language school in a city called Radom. It's relatively small in comparison to some other, more impressive cities in Poland, but I made my home here and I have been content. The friends I've made here are for life.


The beautiful thing about Poland is that it's old. The architecture, the history, everything about this country is amazing and not to mention interesting. Areas of Poland are dated as far back as 900AD. Many people come to cities like Warsaw and Krakow to see relics of WWII but there is so much more to this country than people realise.

The river Odra in Wroclaw 
The food here is delicious! From pierogi (dumplings) to barszcz czerwoni (beet root soup), local beer to vodka, paczek (donuts with raspberry jam) to gofry (waffles); the food here is wholesome and good. Most families don't like eating out at restaurants but prefer a good home cooked meal.

I am leaving Poland soon to start my next adventure but I hope to come back here some day.



Wroclaw Old Town


No comments:

Post a Comment